***Somebody please respond*** THX!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: ***Somebody please respond*** THX!
By Cheesemix on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 07:42 pm: Edit

I'm a senior applying for the NROTC scholarship... I'd really love to serve in the Navy, and I have good academic/EC credentials.
The only problem is, I suffer from back problems and am a bit out of shape (not overweight or anything like that, just haven't exercised much).
So supposing I started to exercise starting now through next summer, will I be OK by the time fall of freshman college year hits? Or is that not enough time?
From what I understand, they don't require "super" athletic capabilities, just up-to-par with the basics like push-ups, running, etc.

By CALIFORNIA MONKEY on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 09:36 pm: Edit

um....you just have to pass a physical test (can't think of what it's called at the moment), but it's not hard. HOWEVER, I don't think they like applicants with health problems (it is the military, and you are expected to do some bitchwork). So if it's chronic...you got a problem, if it's just a temporary thing you're fine.

By Cheesemix on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 05:31 pm: Edit

anyone?

By dw on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 05:54 pm: Edit

well i think you have to be able to do 35 or 45 pushups in a minute and like 50 or 60 situps. so you have to be in fairly good shape.

By Cheesemix on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 06:28 pm: Edit

ok. thx, dw (from arthur?)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page