Trite, I know, but what are my chances? [art, portfolio, NHS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Trite, I know, but what are my chances? [art, portfolio, NHS
By Tagran86 (Tagran86) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 09:19 pm: Edit

I have not yet taken the SAT's, but my PSAT scores in 9th grade were around 1340 as I recall, and I took the verbal section again later and came up with a much higher score, so I would anticipate my SAT's to top off at around 1450 or somewhere around there. I got all A's my freshman year in all Honors, which rounded my GPA off at around 4.37 or something. Next year however, I took all honors and the one AP available to me this year and did not do so well. I got an A in AP EURO, and a 4 on the exam, and averaged B's for the rest of my classes excluding art. I have attended JCL (classical league), state and national conventions since 8th grade, and have placed in the top overall 10 each convention I attended, as well as topping off at 1st at state last year, and 2nd and 3rd overall at nationals. My current GPA is around 4.0 at a school with inflated grades. I am pretty sure I can get top 10 class rank by the time I graduate. I'm taking all AP classes available to me, and plan on actually trying for the rest of highschool...and the reason I'm doing this right now is beacuse I just got denied from NHS for some reason, I don't know why. I'm taking AP studio art this year independent of my school and am anticipating a five...not trying to be arrogant...just hoping that's what happens. I also take classes at all oppurtunities from the Art Academy of Cincinnati. What are my chances of getting into a top college like Washington University in St. Louis, Cooper Union, Brown, Skidmore, etc, etc (applying with a portfolio as well). I have a lot of community service, and continual enrollment in clubs as well as placing gold medals on national latin exams all years I've taken it...I'm just really concerned. My parents are yelling at me all the time about it, and I just need to hear some other opinions. Thanks.

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 09:24 pm: Edit

There's too much time ahead of you to tell! Get as many A's as possible, get over 1450 on your SAT, get above 700, preferably above 750, on your SAT IIs. Keep working hard!

By Delirious (Delirious) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 10:37 pm: Edit

Sorry to burst your bubble but you can't take AP studio art "independently" of your school. It's simply not allowed.

By Tagran86 (Tagran86) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 03:51 pm: Edit

what i mean by taking it independent of school is that my school does not offer the course. I'm not that much of an idiot, remember? All you have to do is have your GC contact college board and request the info. If you've got 80 bucks, anyone can take an AP.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page