LOW gpa, ok SAT...what do i do?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: LOW gpa, ok SAT...what do i do?
By depressed on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 04:46 pm: Edit

I attend a nationally ranked public school which is extremely hard to get into, but my gpa is not all that great at 3.1875. First quarter, I pulled out a 4.0 gpa and I'm doing well this quarter. My SAT scores are not all that stellar either at 1450 (750M)(700V). All my academic courses are honors courses and I took three APs last year and I am currently taking there this year. My extracurriculars are decent. I am an editor of the yearbook, i have my own radio program, I give tours to visitors at school, i went on missions over the summer, a captain of the swim and dive team and a varsity letterman for my third year in teh sport, i am in teh class council and was elected to represent the school as one of the liasons between the school board and the school..what do you think my chances are for duke, wellesley, wiliam and mary, and georgetown?

By BUMPER on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 12:07 am: Edit

BUMP HUMP

By A Guy on Monday, December 09, 2002 - 01:27 am: Edit

That's a tough call. Contrary to your belief a 1450 is pretty damn stellar, after all, the top 1% combined scores go down to 1470. You are certainly in the top 2% score-wise. Your EC's look great.

Your past GPA is not so great, as you know. The big question that you'll have to justify is why and moreover you'll have to explain what has changed since then. After all, the last thing they want is to admit you then see you slide back into an old habit.

I think only an admissions officer would be able to give you the straight scoop on this one. If nothing else, I'd think that you'd be a good candidate to transfer in a year or two later from another choice....

Good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page