Transfer from UCSD -- need HELP!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Transfer from UCSD -- need HELP!
By Salah2007 (Salah2007) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 01:51 am: Edit

I am currently attending UCSD from Houston as an out-of-state freshman. Unfortunately, I am not very happy here because:

a) The school is too big for me.
b) I've decided I want to major in English (I thought Biology before) and the school leans more towards science and technology.
c) The tuition was suddenly and drastically increased a few weeks before school started.
d) I lean only slightly to the right in politics, but I'm too conservative for most of the people here.
e) The uncle I had who lived here died this summer, and I can't stop thinking about it because the city reminds me of him (we were very close). :(

At any rate, I want to transfer as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it seems like I can't find any decent colleges that accept freshman transfer students for the spring semester. Does anyone know of any in the near-Texas-area, midwest or northeast that might fit a person with these stats?:

- Graduated from a highly competitive Catholic school in 2003 in the top quarter with a 3.7 unweighted GPA.
- SAT I: 1470 (770v/700m)
- SAT II's: Writing - 800, Literature - 700, Math IIC - 650
- AP's: US History - 5, English Lang - 4, English Lit - 5, European History - 3, US Government - 4
- EC's:
* Oboist in orchestra, wind ensemble, and band. Have won awards for solo performance and have earned All-State distinction. Played since age 8.
* Ballet since age 7. Perform in several major events each year.
* Competitive pianist.
* Varsity tennis player.
* Black belt in Tae Kwan Do.
* Leadership - Teen Council on Racism, NYLC nominee, Student ambassador
* Contributed creative writing and art to school literary magazines.
- National Merit Commended Student
- AP Scholar

You get the idea. My major career interests are writing, music, and medicine. Does anyone have any suggestions for a smaller school (2000 - 9000 people) that might fit me better? As I said, it would be extremely helpful if it accepted freshman transfer students in the spring, but all suggestions are appreciated. You can assume that my college GPA will be high because I plan to spend this quarter studying hard so I can leave.

Anyway, any input at all is appreciated! So far, Rice seems like the best option, but they only accept fall transfer applicants...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page