Yale ed? crossign my fingers

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Yale ed? crossign my fingers
By Zxcvbnm (Zxcvbnm) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:18 pm: Edit

interested in applying to yale, ED.

test scores.:
SATI: Math 770, verbal 700
act: 35
satII: U.S. History: 780 Latin: 700 writing: 730

APs: law and gov 5
econ 5
comp sci 5
physics 4
calcuslus 4
phsyc. 5
Latin 4
american history 5

ECs:
model UN
Academic Challenge
mathletics team(captain)
chess club(founder and president)
karate
trumpet(band, jazz band, pep band, wind ensamble.
builder's club
400 hours local soup kitchens tutoring etc.
150 hours volunteering Quatemala

summers: volunteering Quademala
couple community college courses
Governor's school

employment: tutor, baby sitter, worked at staples for a summer

merit finalist

lagacy: dad undergrad., mom law

essay strong, solid.
good recs.

So, what are my chances EA for Yale, from 1 to 100, any advice?

By Kushm (Kushm) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:23 pm: Edit

It's always impossible to give a number. But your stats are delicious so just apply and cross your shoelaces. Or your fingers. Whichever you prefer.

By Pistolpete (Pistolpete) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 10:29 pm: Edit

I dunno...maybe 50-60ish? ED accpetance rate = 26%For Yale, you've got pretty avg. SATs, but your ACT is outstanding. Great AP scores. Very good ECs (but then again, Yale is a very elite school). Your legacy status could take you from being an outherwise worthy but not especially spectacular applicant (everything's relative...understand that your stats are WAY better than mine) to one to which they must give very strong consideration. Make sure you keep in contact with them throughout the process. If you do get waitlisted, make sure you/your school send them new stats when your current stats change (such as SAT). You've got a good chance. Just keep your fingers crossed ;)

Please evaluate me/give advice at "Tufts ED." Thanks.

By Sooky6 (Sooky6) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 09:24 am: Edit

Maybe you just posted quickly and didn't proofread--but be sure you spell "Guatemala" correctly on your apps, and "ensemble" not "ensamble"--could give you that extra edge, you never know.

My advice is to work on your essay and seek all the expert advice you can, bc your stats put you in the ballpark. Demonstrate passion about whatever activity or academic area you are strongest in.

By Alimshk (Alimshk) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 03:58 pm: Edit

I'd say you have just as much of a chance as anyone else in the applicant pool. Nothing really stands out about you, but I think the fact that you are a legacy will bump up your chances a bit. My only advice is to have an amazing essay.

By Zxcvbnm (Zxcvbnm) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 06:01 pm: Edit

my bad, satI verbal should be 750. Also, about a year ago I had an essay published in a book of essays about world war II. will this look good on my app?

By Agamemnon314 (Agamemnon314) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 10:05 am: Edit

Yale has single choice EA this year, everything might change.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page