IMPORTANT National Merit question....PLEASE HELP!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: IMPORTANT National Merit question....PLEASE HELP!
By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 06:12 pm: Edit

I'm pretty sure that I made it to the semi-finalist stage of national merit because one of the counselors at my school said that my status had been discussed at one of the counselors meetings.

However, I have not gotten anything from my school. Apparently, my counselor has gotten some forms for HIM to fill out (or at least he thinks they're for him) and I'm supposed to get my forms in the mail....

Have most semi-finalists already gotten applications in the mail? Have they gotten apps from their school? Do counselors have forms to fill out too or is my counselor just filling out my form by accident?

By Carkles (Carkles) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 07:09 pm: Edit

the counselor is supposedt to fill out a form and he's supposed to give you one to fill out, too. My counselor gave me mine. You should have gotten yours by now.

By Momof2 (Momof2) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 08:51 pm: Edit

In Texas, the students receive their application through the school. They complete their portion, essay, etc. and return to the school for completion and mailing. The early student return date is to give the school plenty of time. My son's app. required the school to completely retype his transcript and sr. schedule, with grades - 33 courses on the application grid - with a typewriter. (!)

I don't know if all states are similar. I would go ahead and ask the counselor.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page