I think I'm good in math; please rank

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: I think I'm good in math; please rank
By Belial (Belial) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 01:25 am: Edit

Heh, this is simple.

I suck at most subjects, with marks of 80/100 on most of them. However, I have 95 in an IB SL math class.

I don't have any ec, other than the fact that I organized math club at school. For work experience, I deliver flyers. Other than that, I have nothing - no sports, no clubs, nothing.

For letter of reference - I can expect my math teacher to write fairly high of me, but that is about all reference from teacher I am expecting.

I enrolled in every single math competition that came my way, and I did fairly well on a several of them.

My SATs:
800 math, 730 verbal
SAT2:
790 IIC, 750 Physics, 770 Writing.

I heared Princeton is looking for either very well rounded or someone outstanding in a single field. Am I well enough to get in with ED?

By Dkm (Dkm) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 07:48 am: Edit

u got high sat marks....forget ives though

By Y17k (Y17k) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 08:10 am: Edit

umm y?

i think u'd have a great chance

By Belial (Belial) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 11:36 pm: Edit

Just that my school mark is really bad. I can't count on my subject teachers to give good rec. If you guys think I have a chance at Princeton at ED - than I'll give it a try. otherwise I think i'll apply for Cornell or Dartmouth.

By Neo (Neo) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 12:00 am: Edit

Are you from a private school, or the like?

I'm only asking because I rarely hear non-English students describe their grades as "marks". It's kind of neat.

But to answer the question, I'm sure you must have *some* ECs. What've you done over the past four years between the time school ended in the afternoon and the time you went to bed?

By Belial (Belial) on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 08:42 pm: Edit

The only EC I have is with the school math club. I spent some time co-organizing, registering our school for contests, etc.

As for your statement I must have some EC - I spent all my time preparing for math contests. That's why I worry if that is enough for EC.

No, I am not from a private school. I am from Canada and we use percentile.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page