NORTHWESTERN---ED?I'm so anxious! Advice please!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: NORTHWESTERN---ED?I'm so anxious! Advice please!!!
By Nina on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 06:15 pm: Edit

I have applied, so far, to Northwestern Early Decision.

I would really love it if anyone could give me some input, I'm also applying to Boston University, NYU and Sarah Lawrence

I am currently taking
AP Art History
AP Political Science
and have all A's and B's in my other 5 classes.
last year I also took two APs
Overall, I have a B+/A- average

I'm a member of 2 select chorus's at my school.
I scored a 720 on my SAT II writing, a 580 on US History, and 500 on Math. (i am awful at math)

I'm editor-in-chief of the lit magazine, have been on the debate team for 4 years, had leads in the winter musical/plays at my school for 4 years. I am in the community service hall of fame at my school and have 300 hours of service, I'm in the community service organization at my school as well.

I've participated in plays outside of school, and in summer programs for singing/acting.

I currently attend a private school, where classes are unweighted, and the school has a reputation for being a very harsh grader. Also, I scored a 3 on AP English, and a 3 on AP US History. These scores probably wont help OR hurt me.

My SAT's arent wonderful, at a 1250. But , I feel that I've shown a consistent devotion to the things which I am applying to at these schools (Being Northwestern's school of communications for theater, Steinhardt at NYU for musical theater, and BU for acting.) Thanks!!!!!

By BBB on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 10:21 pm: Edit

Northwestern looks like a real reach score-wise, Nina. Your ECs are very good, but other applicants will have strong ECs plus great stats. You never know, though - good luck!

By a on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 10:59 pm: Edit

You're screwed. Unless of course your a URM, in that case your close. Here's the deal: Your SAT II writing is average for Northwestern, and your other two SAT II tests are WAY below average. Also, your SAT I is not even the 25th percentile of accepted scores. Your GPA is so so, but you've only taken four AP's whereas most applicants to Northwestern have taken at least 7. Your EC's are good, but aren't exceptional enough to make up for the rest. You never know because it's ED, but i don't think it looks good

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page