Easy Way into Penn

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Easy Way into Penn
By Felipz24 (Felipz24) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 04:50 pm: Edit

Do you think that it is really alot easier to get into Penn through the Nursing Program (especially if one is male)? If one gets in, then one can simply transfer after one year, right?

By Felipz24 (Felipz24) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 09:18 pm: Edit

Bump

By Misterbobbit (Misterbobbit) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 02:00 pm: Edit

It's true that it's easier, but you're going to have the convince the applications committee and your interviewer that you're genuinely interested in nursing, or they'll see right through you.

I'm certain they come across this situation all the time.

By Alimshk (Alimshk) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 05:39 pm: Edit

You can't transfer from general Penn admissions to Wharton, but other than that you can change your major.

By Chiangkaishrek (Chiangkaishrek) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 04:18 am: Edit

Yeah you can transfer from school of arts and sciences to Wharton. The only hassle is that you have to "re-apply" to wharton. That means submitting your transcript and writing more freakin' essays. I am a part-time student at Penn, majoring in Poly Scie, and am having a great time, regardless of Wharton.

By Dadx (Dadx) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 08:57 am: Edit

I wouldnt try it if I were you. Nursing requires an interview on campus. They'll identify you as a fraud pretty easily--you aren't the first person to whom this thought has occured.

But if they dont, after your first year of nursing, the courses you will have taken probably would not transfer into the other degree programs successfully. Go take a look at the nursing curriculum. I suspect that if you were allowed to transfer, it would take you an extra year to graduate.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page