If i don't have the grades...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: If i don't have the grades...
By Ck3i (Ck3i) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 03:38 am: Edit

I screwed up my sophomore year after switching to a different high school. I went from a 4.0 gpa down to to a 2.8. I know i obviously won't get into an ivy league college, but can i somehow make it into a University of California? I've been involved in student government for 2 years and I'm currently Asb president at my high school. No sports though. So what's my best shot at getting in?

By Ck3i (Ck3i) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 11:44 am: Edit

Yo anyone there?

By Pistolpete (Pistolpete) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 01:41 pm: Edit

Are you from Cal?

By Ck3i (Ck3i) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 02:44 pm: Edit

Yeah. I live in the Bay Area.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 02:58 pm: Edit

Much will depend on the type of courses you've taken - if you've done well in AP and/or honors classes, the sophomore year might not matter as much as the UC weights AP/honors classes. Best bet is to read up on the requirements for UC's at www.ucop.edu

If you don't make it to a UC, you'll still have a good chance at a cal state school with a 2.8.

By Giraffe (Giraffe) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Depending on your SAT scores, you can get in.

I heard you can get straight D's, and with a 1400 you can get into UC Irvine. Think about it.

By Ck3i (Ck3i) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 02:44 pm: Edit

So what should i aim for on the SATs?

By Pistolpete (Pistolpete) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 02:52 pm: Edit

I think you should be good w/ a 1300. But the thing with the UCs is that they don't place too much importance on the SATs.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page