Please help me out~! How bad is a C??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Please help me out~! How bad is a C??
By Shopaholic (Shopaholic) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 09:41 pm: Edit

I really need to know how badly this looks for colleges. I got a C in my second semester of sophmore year (1st semester was a B) in AP chemistry. Will it show up as a C? (and look really really bad) or will it be considered a B because its AP. How do UCs look at Cs in APs? Please respond!

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 09:43 pm: Edit

You won't get into any colleges. At all. Anywhere. You're ruined.

By Duvc2002 (Duvc2002) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 09:56 pm: Edit

It will not be physically showed up as a B but it will be a B in ur GPA

By Curiousone (Curiousone) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 09:59 pm: Edit

Doesn't it depend on your FULL year grade, which actually appears on your transcript? You should probably be asking your guidance counselor instead of a bunch of strangers about something like this, but my feeling is that it definitely won't help you to have a grade like that but if everything else is good (well, I don't know what schools you're looking at, but generally if you get mostly A's in other things) and it's just that one mistake, they're probably going to cut you slack. I haven't heard of anyone rejecting someone with an otherwise perfect application because they got one somewhat low grade in sophomore year.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page