Regular decision Recs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Regular decision Recs
By Haan (Haan) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 05:29 pm: Edit

When is the best time to ask teachers for recommendations for regular decision?

By Neo (Neo) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 06:03 pm: Edit

I'm planning on giving them the envelopes in October or November, since they don't need to be sent in until the end of December for most Reg. Decision colleges.

Don't worry; it sometimes seems like everyone's in a hurry around here. Just focus on writing good essays and keeping up with dates and such.

By Soozievt (Soozievt) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 06:06 pm: Edit

I think once you have apps in hand and are ready to committ to where you are applying, have decided who would be best to ask to write recs, have some info. ready (a resume, cover letter, etc) for the people you are going to ask....then give it to them. I see no reason waiting and holding off. Teachers' jobs are demanding time-wise as it is, but recs are an additional committment on their part. So, while it is not essential to give them the recs just yet or it is not considered late yet by any means, once YOU are ready and have everything gathered, why not give it to them? That gives them more time to write them, plus they will have many kids to write for. I cannot think of any reason to wait once you are ready on your own end of things.
Susan

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page