Are there any chance for me??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Are there any chance for me??
By Gokuzcl (Gokuzcl) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 12:26 am: Edit

If i have a really low SAT and ACT score, can i still get into a really good school like Caltech? And are there another way i can get into those good schools?
If english is not that person's first language but that person live in US long enough, it still wouldn't fair right?

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 03:15 am: Edit

To go to Caltech, you need AT THE VERY LEAST a 1300+, and in that case you have to be a URM (black, hispanic or native american) to get in.

For a caucasian, you don't really have a shot at Caltech with anything less than a 1400, and the median for Caltech acceptances is around 1520....so you probably need something at least in the mid 1400's to have a real shot.

On top of that, you need significant research experience.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 10:54 am: Edit

Cal Tech might not be realistic, but there are still plenty of good schools out there for people who aren't top students. Post your stats and your study interests and we'll list a few.

By Gokuzcl (Gokuzcl) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 12:09 am: Edit

Well, I'm Chinese, move to US since 1999, and i'm a sophmore in a small town public high school. Grades in freshmen year is okay. first semester, 6 classes, 5 A and one A-, second semester all A's. Class rank is 15. (hope it will get higher)
Because english is not my first language so i don't think my SAT Verbal score will be high, i have confident in Math. What should i do?
Is it better to have AP class to have Bs or have regular class to have As? Because i have AP biology this year, and planning to take AP chemistry and AP physics.
I'm really interested in science, and want to become a doctor. Please help me, and give comments.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page