Take a stab at my chances at wharton(ED) please

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Take a stab at my chances at wharton(ED) please
By Shd2004 (Shd2004) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 04:13 pm: Edit

Hey,
Im hoping anyone of you guys can take a stab at my chances, ill take any advice you have about my chances at wharton (ED). Im also thinking about Harvard, Brown Northwestern, Cornell and UChicago:

Asian Indian Male
SATI
700 M (Taking again) 690 V (Taking again) 670 Writing, 680 IIC, 740 UShistory (thinking about taking writing/iic next possible time, dec maybe?)

Grades: 3.57/4 in all honors/AP with a 5 in Euro History (Soph year) and US HIstory and a 3 in Physics.

EC's: I guess its leadership: 11th and 12th grade class pres, pres. of regional Red Cross Youth Group, co-Editor of School paper ( more like pres, I take on more of the business aspects like trying to make it self sufficient etc.) School Legislature, Advisory board, 4yrs Varsity Tennis, Piano.

Recs: I hope to get solid recs from my business and ushistory teacher. Also, I had a one-on-one type paying apprenticeship/ internship with a stockbroker who taught me the so called tricks of the trade. Thanks alot for reading all this, and ill take anything you have to give. Thanks

By Kahlaen (Kahlaen) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Your stats aren't great. Most of the schools you've listed you've got a chance but they're reach schools. If u get ur stats up a little it would help.

By Hsimpson2k4 (Hsimpson2k4) on Friday, September 05, 2003 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Yeah, I'm sorry but most people at the Ivies have 4.0 1500 and all that leadership and more!!! I gave up my dream ages ago. Also, being Asian can't help. Just find your rich uncle who donates to the school and you are in. That was the trick in my school!

--My uncle isn't rich!! >:(

By Shd2004 (Shd2004) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 08:17 am: Edit

Thanks anyway, any other schools you think i have a legit chance at?

By Pistolpete (Pistolpete) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 09:26 pm: Edit

You need to take into account the fact that none of us are experts.
"I'm sorry but most people at the Ivies have 4.0 1500."--Please, last time I checked, Penn's average was just about 1400, and NONE of the Ivies had mean scores of 1500, except maybe Harvard (I'm not sure there, I don't have this year's stats). Your SAT IIs are strong and indicate that you've mastered the materials. Good luck with the admissions process!

By Shd2004 (Shd2004) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 01:59 pm: Edit

Thanks alot pistolpete, yeah, i realize that no matter what any of us say about our chances and all, none of us are either shoo-ins or one read rejects. it all up to the admissions officers.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page