Georgetown Chances, PLEASE?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Georgetown Chances, PLEASE?
By Cali Boy on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:41 pm: Edit

White male from large public high school in Cali

1460 SAT I (740 Verbal and 720 Math)
SAT II: 730 Math IIC 700 Writing 690 US History
GPA: Unweighted 4.0 Weighted 4.3
AP classes:
Junior - AP English Composition (4)
AP US History (4)
AP Spanish (3)
AP Chem (3)
Senior - AP Gov
AP Calc
AP English Lit

EC's - Varsity golf 4 yrs
- Speech and Debate President (3 yrs)
- Newspaper News editor (2 yrs)
- Student Rep to School Site Council (this is a council of a few administrators, teachers, parents and a student who make decisions regarding school funding proposals and management) (2 yrs)
- Junior State of America Club founder (2yrs)

Programs and Honors
-Presidential Classroom
- National Student Leadership Conference
- Mu Alpha Theta (Math honors club)
- California Scholarship Foundation (like NHS)

Ok, I know that it'd be a shot in the dark for anyone to predict my chances at Georgetown, but I'd really appreciate a try. Thanks!!

By Kahuna613 (Kahuna613) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:46 pm: Edit

Hey-
I am applying to Gtown too. We seem to have similar credentials. Did you apply EA? What school are you applying to?

Drew

By cali Boy on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:54 pm: Edit

Drew, I applied as a Government major to Arts & Sciences. For a while I was going to apply to SFS because I liked the cored curriculum a lot more than that of Arts and Sciences, but in the end I was just more interested in domestic politics than international. Yeah, I applied EA, should be hearing in a week or so. What are your stats, and what school are u applying to?

By Kahuna613 (Kahuna613) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 11:42 pm: Edit

My stuff's under another post titled "What do you think?" I really just have no idea what the competition at Georgetown will be like. I really don't think I have any chance at EA, but looks like we'll find out soon enough. I am hoping to bank on being from South Carolina, which apparently has very low application numbers to Georgetown.
Drew

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page