Playin' it like rugby

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Playin' it like rugby
By Nealp (Nealp) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 09:55 pm: Edit

i had dinner last night with two guys. both doctors who graduated from 6 yr ba/md programs. one 10 years ago at umichannarbor who was a adcom member. the other 6 years ago at umkc. both told me they were NOT in the top 25 percent. they were demoted from honors classes. they had 1410-1450 sat. little ecs. their main thing was that they had experience going on rounds with a doc. and they made lots of da*n connexns...they played it like a game. duped the adcom into thinking they were qualified which they were but had never exhibited....anyway

they say to stop listening to your g.c.s and apply everywhere. i said i didn't want to app to stanford b/c i like the east coast. they said "youre dumb for a smart guy... to people like us thats a really dumb reason... a good diploma is a good diploma..." anyway they are super specialized (ent surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, and sports orthopedic surg)

so. is that good or bad. moral or EVIL. they say that gcs says "not another asian" everytime they write a rec for an asian app'ing to hypsm.

ain't that some 5h1t

By Nealp (Nealp) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 06:45 pm: Edit

bump. ain't it?

By Nealp (Nealp) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 01:25 am: Edit

bump

By Argilospsychi (Argilospsychi) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 03:26 am: Edit

not quite sure what that was all about.

i'm disappointed. I thought that was going to be about rugby.

By Collegeguy (Collegeguy) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 04:34 am: Edit

wow. i have no idea what the OP just said...

By Nealp (Nealp) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 10:46 pm: Edit

haha

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page