What to do about my AP exams

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: What to do about my AP exams
By Highschoolda (Highschoolda) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 02:33 am: Edit

I have taken three AP classes.

AP Chem
AP Bio
AP Psychology

I have received A- in all classes.

I did not pass any AP exams!!!!

WHat do i do? Do i pay the money to hide the results or do i keep them?

WHat is better?

My schools sucks at AP class teaching

I will be applying to UCD, UCI, UCSB, SLO, USC, UOP.

UCLA and UCB are long shots for me.

I have good grades.

WHat do i do about bad AP exams? hide them or keep them?

Thanks

By Shebs (Shebs) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 03:14 am: Edit

I hate to break it to you, buddy, but you can't really hide your AP scores from the UC's. I'm kinda in the same situation, and although i've passed like 5 of my exams, there were like 3 of them that i got an A in the class, but failed the test. The UC's do get your scores, and if you don't indicate them on the application, you're gonna get screwed. But look at it this way, u TOOK the course....thats what they really look for. Best of luck to ya!

*Please check my thread under chances, its ---Any Chance at UCLA or Berkeley?----

Thanx

By Dadx (Dadx) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 08:23 am: Edit

This site on the college board pages has the AP score reporting and non-reporting FACTS.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/exgrd_rep.html

As I read this, if you didnt already designate a college to receive your scores, you can suppress it. If you choose to suppress it, I would make CERTAIN that your own high school does NOT go ahead and show it on your transcript, since the HS gets the score no matter what. IF you scored less than 3 on anything, I wouldnt send it in----it gives the reader a good reason to choose someone else instead of you.

By Chadwilsonx (Chadwilsonx) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 11:58 am: Edit

I thought I had already posted this message but it apparently didn't work so if you find this message again in another thread, it was purely by mistake. Any this past year I took AP Computer Science AB and got a 96 in the class, the highest grade in the class. However I opted not to take the AP exam because the teacher did not specifically prepare us for it. Will colleges look down on me because I did not take the AP exam? Will they automatically assume that the course was not rigorous? I am not even going to major in CS so the college credit will not really help me.

By Highschoolda (Highschoolda) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 09:46 pm: Edit

I dunno i honestly heard that if u pay 5 dollars, ur AP exams will be erased from record. My question is should i do it?

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 10:58 pm: Edit

Check the CB website, but I think it's $15 per score per college to withhold. Still might be worth it if say, you scored a 1 or 2 in calculus and you want to go to a math/science school.

By Highschoolda (Highschoolda) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 11:48 pm: Edit

SHould i do it. I didn't pass any..... Is it better to not pass and take the test or not take it at all.

By Shabadew (Shabadew) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 12:26 am: Edit

You should send with your application a school report on your high school. Try to have them incldue a pass rate list for the tests that you have taken. If the rates are horrible, you cant really be held responsible for not being prepared. If they are good... you are screwed. jk

By Serdu (Serdu) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 01:05 am: Edit

Unlesss they are on transcript OR you designate these scores, you should be jsut fine! though you should know that my teacher went to a conference with UC pressidents and she was told that they are way MORE impressed if you challanged yourself by taking the exam, regardless of whether you passed ot not. At other schools, they scores are unofficial and you don't have to send them in. In fact, you ONLY send in the OFFICIAL reprt to the school at which you will matriculate.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page