Chances at WUSTL

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Chances at WUSTL
By Syders11 (Syders11) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 07:18 pm: Edit

I am from the midwest and I really want to go here.

ACT: 28
SAT IIs
Writing:750
Bio:690
Math IIC: 620
GPA: 3.943

Tough course load

E.Cs
Leadership:
Student Council Pres of my county of 20 schools.
Senior Class Pres
Junior year- Director of P.R
District curriculum council
Was selected to attend Northern Stars Leadership Conference

Sports:
Varsity tennis: 3 years, captain
Varsity basketball: 3 years, captain

Other:
Debate team
Literary magazine
Volunteer programs

So could I get in? My honors poli sci teacher was asked by someone at WUSTL to write scholarship recommendations..so I don't know if that will help? Thanks!

By Anduin (Anduin) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 07:43 pm: Edit

Your grades and rank are solid. Your ACT seems a little low, as does your Math SAT II score. However, with the EC's, leadership, and sports you've got, you probably have a real shot at WUSTL.

If someone at WUSTL admissions asked one of your teachers to write scholarship recommendations for you specifically, I'd say you have an extremely good chance.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 07:57 pm: Edit

Dont believe Anduin!!! i m myself from st louis and with my past experiences with seniors who applied to washu, your scores are not gonna get you in it. on top of that washu dont need sat iis, they only use it for placement, most imp thing is sat( or act) which cannot or should not be below atleast 1450 or 32

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 07:57 pm: Edit

Dont believe Anduin!!! i m myself from st louis and with my past experiences with seniors who applied to washu, your scores are not gonna get you in it. on top of that washu dont need sat iis, they only use it for placement, most imp thing is sat( or act) which cannot or should not be below atleast 1450 or 32

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page