Extremely troubling scheduling predicament

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Extremely troubling scheduling predicament
By Fairyofwind (Fairyofwind) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 07:07 pm: Edit

Our school has the policy that, in order to advance a course level, one must take a 120-hour summer course. So here's the problem. Freshman year, I took geometry in school. Then I took a 120-hour Precalc class over the summer, and skipped Alg II w/Trig. After Alg II w/Trig there is a filler course called Math Analysis, which I was not allowed to advance that summer. During the course of sophomore year, I took AP Stat in school, and I independent studied Calc BC and got a 5 on the test, and I ended up taking the Math Analysis final and skipping that too. Yet at Princeton University, right next to our area, they offer classes for high school students who have exhausted their high school curriculum. But not having Calc BC on the transcript DESPITE having a 5 I was rejected from the program for junior year. The problem is that I hadn't taken a course for Math Analysis and the only math I will have on my transcript is "Precalc" and "AP Stat" if I don't take AP Calc BC next year. My counselor thinks if I don't take Calc in school, I will have a hole in my transcript for math and it will look bad. But taking the course, I will be completely wasting my time and I won't be able to take AP US/Comparative Government which I really want to take. And school starts in 2 days. What do I do?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page