Regarding AP's...help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Regarding AP's...help!
By Mema2286 (Mema2286) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 03:17 pm: Edit

Hi,

I transferred to a new high school for my senior year and they have a rule where a student may NOT take AP classes their first year. I never took AP's, and was hoping to in my senior year. This, i belive definitely puts me to a disadvantage. I am thinking of doing self-study, but how can i reveal to colleges when i send my application in dec. of my planning for ap's? Also, do u think its worth it?

Thanks, any feedback is appreciated

By Mema2286 (Mema2286) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 03:26 pm: Edit

HELP!...som1??!

By Cornell00 (Cornell00) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 03:30 pm: Edit

well you could explain it in an adittional letter.

By Cornell00 (Cornell00) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 03:33 pm: Edit

check out my post its called
Seriously wich one would YOU Choose??

By Mema2286 (Mema2286) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 03:53 pm: Edit

any more suggestions?

By Mema2286 (Mema2286) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 06:07 pm: Edit

hello?

By Gagner (Gagner) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Which colleges are you applying to? Do you have other academic scores/awards that could compensate?

Self study is a possible route. I don't know if this is legal but you could put Independent Study AP Physics or whatever when they ask you to list senior courses. In my opinion, most AP classes do more work than is necessary to score decently on the test. If I put in as much effort into the Calculus class as I did in the self-study, I'd probably end up with a C or something. Got a 5 just the same. Anyway, that's my odd tangent.

Were you not offered APs at your old school? Have you tried to talk with the administration and counselors? I know they can be stubborn and stupid. Bring a parent.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page