Columbia University High School Programs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Columbia University High School Programs
By Mx18d2 (Mx18d2) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 02:18 pm: Edit

Hi, I am interested in signing up for one the science courses at Columbia University's High School Programs during the summer. I had a straight A average in Biology my freshman year and now I'm on my way for my sophmore year in taking Honors Chemistry. I am also going to take my SAT 2 Biology during my sophmore year. My biology teacher loves me by the way =]. Do you think I'll have a good chance to get in for my sophmore summer at Columbia?

By Mema2286 (Mema2286) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 03:28 pm: Edit

definitely...go for it...i got accepted in the genetics + molecular biology program, and regret not going for it...definitely go 4 it!

By Mx18d2 (Mx18d2) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 04:01 pm: Edit

thank u mema.. any others?

By Plutosky (Plutosky) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 03:28 pm: Edit

hey, maybe you should consider taking the test for the science honors program this year, if you haven't already thought about. it's a school year long program every saturday for a few hours at columbia.

By Vishal425 (Vishal425) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 12:50 am: Edit

hey, i was there this summer for the business finance couse, and it was a blast, not only are professors great living in New York City is amaizing, you won't regret it...i wished it would have lasted longer...

By Haan (Haan) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 06:10 pm: Edit

heey... I also did the summer program in genetics and molecular biology...definitely do it...its an amazing experience...btw mema2286, did u go this year to the molecular biology course?

By Alimshk (Alimshk) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Yeah, the Columbia summer program is great . . . just make sure you board there. They really isolate the commuter students from most of the activities.

By Mx18d2 (Mx18d2) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 07:40 pm: Edit

haan.. is there a limit on grades to get in? what are the expectations?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page