To all of you grasping for every chance at ______

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: To all of you grasping for every chance at ______
By Concerned with this board on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 11:16 pm: Edit

...Harvard, Yale, Stanford, and the like.
Thanks to Crimson Kid for clearing out any misconceptions about students who are disillusioned with the ivies and top schools. Although its true that some posters on this board *may* get into their first choice, the truth is, its not for everyone.
Most students want to *become* special, and unfortunately, they go out and do activities just to please the admissions office of their favorite school. Unfortunately, this defeats the purpose of even trying to do an extra curricular activity. You really have to love what you're doing, otherwise, its useless. Its like saying you want to be a doctor, but having a response of "b/c it makes a lot of money." Attitudes like that last you a couple months, or maybe a year before you become sick and tired of everything. And even if you do love it, ask yourself, exactly WHY are you doing it.
I doubt(for about 95% of you anyways) you can 100% whole-heartedly put in EQUAL passion in all of your 10+ extra curricular activities. Just remember, adcoms want quality, not quantity. It doesn't matter if you're the president, the member, or the janitor of 10 bajillion clubs...do you think the adcoms will look at a huge list of activities and be impressed? Hardly.

ANYWAYS...

I urge you all to the other post that describes the type of poster that you are on this board. Go see which you u classify as. I'm sure that you cannot deny that you are not one of those posters. If I have made an error, I apologize.

You are free to bash me, counter with countless rebuttals, or whatever u want, but what good will it do you? What are you proving, and to whom? Me? I am only a single voice expressing a single opinion. I rest my case.

By d on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 12:33 am: Edit

You'll definitely get in to Harvard. Princeton, however may be out of reach.

By bump on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 12:33 am: Edit

I agree.

By Gregon on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 02:08 pm: Edit

D is correct, Princeton is probably above your reach. But there are many other prestigious universities... have you considered UPenn?

By . on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 11:51 pm: Edit

Funny thing, in the past two years, everyone who got into Princeton from my school did not get into stanford or harvard.

By Gregon on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 12:02 am: Edit

I thought Princeton was the hardest... oh well.

Conceredw/thisBoard, don't worry as soon as you get your SAT's up a bit you'll have an excellent chance. I think your EC's look pretty strong. Don't worry about it, two weeks and you'll know :)

By Concerned with this board on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 01:34 am: Edit

sigh.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page