My list what are my chances not typical braniack( see spelt

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: My list what are my chances not typical braniack( see spelt
By Fee12345 (Fee12345) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 05:25 pm: Edit

these are the schools I like what do you think of them, can I get in, what are my chances without lacrosse?

Reach
Middlebury***
Swarthmore****
Washington and lee

Match
Hamilton***
Colgate
Bates ***
Colby***

safety
Goucher****
Lehigh ****
Skidmore ***

**** = lax coach likes me

1320 SAT
3.6 GPa

ton of hours coaching little kid lacrosse
peer councilor
Helped freshman get aquated with High school life (they call it the pals program)
Physics olympiad winner 9th grade
Vice PResident Student council
Captain lax team
AIDS trained by red cross instructor
Hours teaching autistic kid how to read
helped organize a lunch program for needy kids over summer

and thats just a few of the extracuriculars

do I have decent chances? I mean all coaches really have told me so Swarthmore might be biggest reach...

I think my Extra curriculars, Sports and my recomendations will be what makes me

By Fee12345 (Fee12345) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 09:14 am: Edit

bump

By Pgs1300 (Pgs1300) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 01:00 pm: Edit

I think Colgate will be a reach instead washington and lee will be matches.Because of your ecs and participation in sports you have a decent chance.Please eval my stats under

Chances at RPI,MIT,U.MICH

By Fee12345 (Fee12345) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 02:37 pm: Edit

help?

By Anduin (Anduin) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 05:41 pm: Edit

If the coaches at these schools are looking for you, you've got a good shot already. I think that some of those schools require SAT II's, including writing (could someone else back me up on this?), so make sure to take those. Your grades and scores might hurt you at some of your reach schools, so don't slack off this year. Your EC's look good, and will look even better if you can cast the focus on your numerous leadership roles.

Also, what's your class rank?

By Fee12345 (Fee12345) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 05:43 pm: Edit

no class rank at my school and I have taken SAT 2s

600 math
730 History
700 Writing...

And I know I have really really good recomendations from teachers and counsilor..

College guidance guy went to middlebury...

you think that I should get an extra recomendation from my spanish teacher who went to middlebury as well?

By Fee12345 (Fee12345) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 05:45 pm: Edit

Also I go to a very hard private school in South FL, so my geographical location should help a bit as well...

And I will have taken 3 aps by the time I graduate which is a good number considering the school only lets you take no more than 6 or so. Plus my GPA was like a 3.2 freshman, 3.5 sophmore, 3.7 junior or something like that I know it started really low and I have picked it up a ton...

By Fee12345 (Fee12345) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 09:51 am: Edit

up to the top with ya

By Fee12345 (Fee12345) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 02:06 pm: Edit

By Sacredangelisse (Sacredangelisse) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 07:17 pm: Edit

Hamilton and Colagate are decent schools. But they seem to be in the middle of nowhere. they're about 45 mins - an hour away from Syracuse. There's not much to do around there. Middlebury is a nice college, when I was still planning on majoring in Spanish, that's where I wanted to go But those 3 are VERY selective colleges

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page