He got in Harvard w/ 1210

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: He got in Harvard w/ 1210
By psyduck on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 03:02 am: Edit

YO~
one kid in my area got in Harvard w/ 1210 SAT~ He's Asian, lived in the states for 5 years. excellent writer, interesting person. no special ecs. but I still don't believe that they would take somebody with such a low score!
post the lowest scores u've heard so i can feel better.

By zlag on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 03:22 am: Edit

A year ago, two girls from my sisters' school(Catheral School Bombay, India) were admitted Yale; one girl scored a 1410, and the other girl scored a 1430. Both were heavilty into theater, and one was Head Girl(faculty-elected student leader).

By psy on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 04:28 am: Edit

zlag,
do u not understand english? i said the lowest scores! not who u know that got into harvard!

By SAT on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 04:27 pm: Edit

see...SAT Scores aren't everything...

By firedup17 on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 05:01 pm: Edit

YES they aren't.

-1170 guy

By Junior on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 07:03 pm: Edit

I know two guys who both got 1190. One got into MIT and the other into Caltech. Both Hispanic.

By Mysteryman (Mysteryman) on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:25 am: Edit

That's insane. The average SAT at Caltech is like a 1550 (and I'm underestimating that number if anything). Unless they had amazing ECs they shouldn't have been admitted.

By Junior on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 05:59 pm: Edit

They didn't have stellar ECs, and they were admitted. Like you said, that's the average score at Caltech. If you read what the range is, it tells you that the range for the SAT I math score is 590-800.And who the hell are you to say they shouldn't have been admitted?

By Maelstrom on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 06:10 pm: Edit

Maybe he's not a fan of affirmative action.

By Willis on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 01:07 pm: Edit

ok i just took a kaplan course, and my final score on those sat practice tests were a 1340. I play tennis alot, im on academic team, science olympiad, and i volunteer regularly every week at my local hospital(at least 6hrs/wk). Hopefully the hospital will grant me permission to do a study on Hepatitis C, which should look good (I hope :| ) I am currently a junior, which means i have another year to bring my sat score up some.
So, what do you think my chances are of getting into Duke or UPenn or Johns Hopkins? I'm VERY VERY paranoid about getting into a good college, because there is alot of pressure on me to do so - parents especially :(

By gf on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 11:15 pm: Edit

Willis,
stay true to the topic here or post somewhere else. 1340 won't get you to schools like Duke or Hopkins or UPenn anyway. screw your parents

By Coffeejar on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 05:15 pm: Edit

I know two guys who both got 1190. One got into MIT and the other into Caltech. Both Hispanic.

By no one on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 02:17 pm: Edit

Seperate admissions criteria for the following groups:
Black, Hispanic, Native American and Main Island Puerto Rican.

Real admissions: everyone else (White, Asian, off Main-Island Puerto Ricans)

By Congocross (Congocross) on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 02:56 am: Edit

You have to look at the SAT score seperately, some minorities are immigrants so the verbal are low and the math is around the 750-800 range

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page