Ucla is my dream!....along w/ 5 million other kids

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: September 2003 Archive: Ucla is my dream!....along w/ 5 million other kids
By Nyla (Nyla) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 01:04 am: Edit

Can i get into ucla?
I'm asian indian
going to be a senior
1350 SAT
660/720/700 SAT IIs Lit/math IC/ writing
3.9 weighted
3.6 unwieghted
but i got 5 C's over my 3 years of h.s.(ugh)
120 hrs. of comm. service...most w/ the red cross and im organizing a blood drive at my own school
started my own club which helps mentally disabled women
am a part of: NHS, CSF, key club, spanish, french, esl
did waterpolo my freshman year
have been in drama for 3 years...tons of leadership and awards from it
been in mock trial for 2 years...going to be v.p.
am a CA resident
had all ap and honors classes
took a psych class at a local comm. college got a B
my school only offered one for eahc soph and jr year
euro hist ap: 3
us hist ap: 4
senior year schedule:
eng. 4 ap
econ ap
stats ap
span 4 honors
bio ap
and film
will major in bio and minor in film
please help me. ive always wanted to go to ucla. its always been in my top 3 and today i visited the campus, fell in love w/ it and now its my number one choice! please tell me what kind of chance i have

By Nyla (Nyla) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 01:22 am: Edit

bumpppp

By Istalam (Istalam) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 10:55 am: Edit

I believe you have a fair shot. I would try to improve SAT to 1400. YOur EC's are ok, but i do think you have a fair shot.

By Nyla (Nyla) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 01:06 pm: Edit

yay thanks i am trying to improve my SAT and SAT II scores but verbal is soo hard on the SAT I. thanks soo much anyone else?

By Pgs1300 (Pgs1300) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 01:25 pm: Edit

You have a decent shot.Take the SAT II bio.I think your SAT score is fine.Please eval my stats under

Chances at RPI,MIT,U.MICH...

By Nyla (Nyla) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 02:15 pm: Edit

thanks! bumpppp

By Rubenizm (Rubenizm) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 06:14 pm: Edit

i'm slow what exactly does the title mean?

By Nyla (Nyla) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 10:52 pm: Edit

just that i want to go to ucla but so do a lot of other kids i know so i decided to exaggerate that fact a bit. any more comments about my chances anyone?anything i can do to be a better candidate

By Nyla (Nyla) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 12:44 pm: Edit

bumppp

By Anduin (Anduin) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 05:36 pm: Edit

It looks like you're doing pretty well, but those C's are most unfortunate. It looks like you're great in terms of EC's. If you keep up the hard work this year you'll have a shot indeed.

Question: What's your class rank?

By Nyla (Nyla) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 09:03 pm: Edit

i think its 100 out of 645 but thats cause i went down this past year. i'm not sure about my rank until i get back to school.

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 09:40 pm: Edit

i looked over the uc application today. why the hell are there only 5 rows to write down any extra curricular activities you have done????? My school clubs list it self covers up all the 5rows and i have played soccer for 2 different high schoool at different levels and 2 different clubs....how do i manage that????

By Texan (Texan) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 11:11 pm: Edit

you can always add another sheet...im gonna do that too cuz the rice app has like 6 lines..and i need like 20+ lol

By Nyla (Nyla) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 01:03 am: Edit

don't add another sheet to the uc application. i just went on a tour of ucla and they said the extra paper doesnt get read so its useless. esp. for those folks who put all their info on another sheet and then admission officers think this person didnt do anything b/s they wont get that other paper!! this is so true so dont do it just write small and put ur most important things. if u did more than 5 vital things then u couldnt have put in the same time and effort into all of them...by the way rate my stats! haha

By Nyla (Nyla) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 06:28 pm: Edit

bump

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 07:24 pm: Edit

little above average SAT
below average gpa and average sat ii scores
if u carefully look over the ucla profile u will notice that below a 4.0 gpa only 14% people were selected and those who were must surely have had above average sat and sat ii scores. so you have a 50-50 chance of gettin in
u have great ECs though!

btw is there time for me to take the sat in nov or dec if i m applying to the ucs? is it gonna hurt me in anyways if i take it so late?

By Nyla (Nyla) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 01:31 am: Edit

no u can take the SAT in nov and dec but dec. is the last date. thanx for your input! thanks everyone!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page