Boston College Hopeful

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Boston College Hopeful
By BC Hopeful on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 08:39 pm: Edit

I hate to do this because part of me thinks that it is bad luck and the other knows that NOBODY can predict admissions at top school, however I find that I can not resist the urge to post my stats and ask what your opinion is about my chances of acceptance to Boston College (Early Action).

I am a white female senior from a competitive public high school in the San Fransisco Bay Area (California) applying as an English Major. My stats are as follows:
4.08 Weighted GPA
22/454
6 AP Classes (3 Junior Year, 3 Senior Year)
AP Scores: U.S. History: 4
Language and Comp: 5
Psych: 3
Senior AP's: Lit and Comp, Government, Macro & Micro Econoics
SAT I: 1360 (720 Verbal, 640 Math)
SAT II: Lit: 720; History: 650; Writing :550 (side note: Very sick while taking II's; BC is aware that I was extremely ill + plus my AP scores show depth and understanding of material)
EC's: Huge involvement with Theater Dept. Worked my way up from a Tech crew member to Assistant Stage Manager, to Stage Manager, to Assistant Director, to Assistant Producer. One of my essays highlights this.
Mock Trial: President of Team. Lead Attorney for two years. Involved in fundraising and organization for Team. Another essay highlights career apirations of becoming an attorney and how Mock Trial has provided a solid foundation.
Elementary School Tutor
Employed by REI (an outdoor store) for 3 yrs.
Last essay highlights my love of the outdoors and my experience with climbing 16,342 ft. Mt. Bona in Alaska.

Phenominal Letters of Recommendation from AP US and AP Lit teachers.

So, what do you think my chances are?

Thankyou for any assessment offered.

By Annie on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 06:39 pm: Edit

In my opinion, you definitely in at BC

By BC Hopeful on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Thank you very much for your assessment. For awhile there, I was afraid that nobody would respond! I get the yes or no letter next week, so we'll see what happens. Thanks again!

By Annie on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 09:17 pm: Edit

Does BC notify early action applicants by next week? I thought it was around the 25th...?

By BC Hopeful on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 11:10 pm: Edit

Ahhhh, you are correct. I was thinking about the Georgetown letters, a school I also applied to. So crossing my fingers next week and then the week after for BC! Thanks again!

By Annie on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 11:13 pm: Edit

Darn, I wish you were right... I applied to BC too and I can't wait to find out. Best of luck to you (:

By bump on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 01:22 am: Edit

Bump

By bump on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 01:22 am: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page