Other programs like RSI

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Other programs like RSI
By Summerprogramman on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 08:31 pm: Edit

I was wondering if there are any other summer programs, like RSI (Research Science Institute), that are highly competitive and recognized?

Also, what are the requirements for those forementioned?

I'm a California resident (if it matters)...but i'm looking for national (and international) programs as well...
Thanks!

By emengee on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 10:57 am: Edit

Well, there's always mathcamps (if you're into math). There's USA/Canada mathcamp and PROMYS, which (as far as I know) are prestegious but nothing like RSI. I guess the only other things in the US that are of a similar nature (as far as competitiveness and regoznition) are the training camps (MOP, Physics, and Chemistry). They're your best bet, but they all have qualification exams that you'd have to look into. Best of luck,

Mike Greenberg

By syzygy on Wednesday, December 04, 2002 - 01:09 pm: Edit

If you're into physics or astronomy, you should definitely check out the Summer Science Program (www.summerscience.org). Colleges in the US consider it to be a very prestigious program, on par with RSI. It also takes place in Ojai, California, so you should take a look at it.

By Memememe (Memememe) on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:36 pm: Edit

Hmm... seems like Mr. Greenberg has it. There is nothing like RSI. :-)

By Ecismyhome (Ecismyhome) on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 04:02 am: Edit

I must concur with ho seung. RSI is definitely unique.
summerscience is on par with RSI? ...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page