University of Maryland (what are my chances?)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: University of Maryland (what are my chances?)
By maryland hopeful on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 04:38 pm: Edit

white male, from NJ

GPA- 3.5102(weighted)
3.399(3.4 unweighted)

SAT- 1st time 1140
SAT- 2nd time 1300

7 honors classes 3 AP classes thruout HS
Good recs

EC's
(by the way, i took french for 3 years)
NHS
French Club
Speech and Debate Club
Mock Trial Club
Varsity Basketball
Varsity Baseball(2 times all-county)
75 hours community service(library, municipal building, hospital)

By maryland hopeful on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 04:40 pm: Edit

another thing
(upward trend in GPA)
frosh-3.26
soph-3.59
jun-3.65
sen-???(prob 3.7)

***ranked 35 in a class of 465***

By maryland hopeful on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 04:41 pm: Edit

sorry again, im applying ED if that helps my chances.
what do you think the percent chance of me getting into the University of Maryland College Park?

what are some other colleges that you would recommend?

i really appreciate your time

By unknown on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 04:43 pm: Edit

What are my chances at ••••, ass, bitch, ••••, poop, butt ••••, diddly bip, ••••, pock , motherfuck, ••••, dick, rust, bust, nookie wookie pussy???????????!!!!

By MIT Mom on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 05:00 pm: Edit

Maryland hopeful,
Are you applying to University of Maryland College Park? They do not have an Early Decision program. They had a December 1 deadline for "Priority Admission," which meant that if you wanted to be considered for the special honors programs and for housing, you had to get your application in by December 1. This is not "Early Decision," and you will not hear anything until February.

Also, just as a warning, the papers around the Washington, DC area are full of articles talking about how difficult it is now to get into the University of Maryland at College Park. Last year, many Maryland high school seniors who thought they were shoe-ins to get in did not, and many good students ended up at the local community college.

I am in no way qualified to analyze your stats to give you your admission chances. However, I just want you to know that Maryland is a lot more competative than it used to be.

Good luck!

By maryland hopeful on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 05:04 pm: Edit

thank you but no thank you. i am not taking advice from someone who cant spell "competetive"

By MM on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 05:12 pm: Edit

"i really appreciate your time"

Gee, you're real sincere. Seem like a real charmer. Spelling mistakes happen when one types fast. (Oh, yes, sentences end with a period and "i" is capitalized.)

By Hypocrites on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 05:16 pm: Edit

thank you but no thank you. i am not taking advice from someone who cant spell "competetive"

CORRECTIONS:

"thank you but no thank you."-Fragment.
"i am not taking advice from someone who cant spell "competetive" "--
I am not taking advice from someho who can't (cannot) spell "competetive."

You really should NOT be a hypocrite.

By MM on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 05:22 pm: Edit

P.S. to Maryland hopeful.

Hmm... I don't even recall giving you any "advice." As a Maryland resident, I was just letting you know what is common knowledge around here. Since you are a New Jersey resident, I thought you would have wanted to know what the "locals" know.

Did I spell everything right?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page