|By blarg on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 03:03 pm: Edit|
As the topic title indicates..I've applied to Columbia on early decision. My stats are as follows..
- straight As through high school (in top 2% of class)
- 1460 SATs ( 740 math, 720 verbal)
- 3 SAT 2s(740 writing, 720 math, 710 Chem )
- 4 years varsity tennis
- 4 years of participation in 3 clubs, I'm an officer in 1
- 50 +hours of volunteer service, a job, etc.
- spent three weeks at summer programs this last summer
- I attend science classes every weekend at Columbia..my particular course is physics-related and the professor wrote a recommendation for me and dropped it off at the Office of Undergrad. Admissions.
That's basically it. I've heard of people having their interviews (people who've applied ED) and am worried that I've been outright denied (I was originally predicting a deferral to the regular decision pool).
Any informed opinions?
|By FriendlyGuy on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 09:29 pm: Edit|
I think you have a very good shot of making it. However, I too have heard scary stories about interviews. The universities claim not to care about the interviews that much, but a student from my school was deferred from Stanford simply because he did not have an interview (I am assuming because he had perfect GPA and test scores, and his parents were alumni)
|By carolina on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 10:03 pm: Edit|
I think you still have a shot1 My good friend was accepted into columbia this past year for ED and she did not have an interview and your Sat scores are most certainly higher
|By btw on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 10:40 pm: Edit|
btw, stanford doesn't give interviews of any type.
|By blarg on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 03:50 pm: Edit|
Alrighty. I suppose that all I can do in any case is wait patiently. Thanks for the responses.
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|