A friend's Rice Chances

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: A friend's Rice Chances
By Liz (Liz) on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 09:32 pm: Edit

OK - she's crazy about this school (Rice) so I just thought I'd ask.
SAT - 1420, not sure about the breakdown, but I think it was something like 740V, 680M.
No 2's yet.
4.0 UW
Rank was something like 2/400, but it'll go down a little this year: her mom made her take easier classes like Fast forward Precal and Hn. Physics. 2 AP's: English and US Hist.
Not the hardest courseload possible, but demanding.
EC's:
Academic team. Heavily involved in church and orchestra. All-County, Western-regionals, etc. Talented Cellist.
Lets see...random stuff like NHS...you know.
She'll write a great essay and have great recs, I mean REALLY GOOD recs.
I think that's it. If you could give me some feedback, I'd appreciate it. The only thing I'm worried about is the courseload. She's not slacking off or anything, but at my school most people take Hn Precal or Calc BC junior year, and her mom made her take "fast forward" which is some UNC-system thing for college credit. And Hn physics - a competitive courseload at our school would include an AP science junior and maybe even sophomore year. So I wanted to know about how much that counted at Rice - college of arts and sciences. Thanks a whole bunch.

By Timmy1 on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 09:51 pm: Edit

i don't know much very much about rice, but your friends stats seem really good, so i would think she has a good chance

By Richard from FL on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 02:37 am: Edit

I would say somewhere between in and very in. Salutatarian over 1400 with that kind of involvement is a very strong Rice applicant. I would be shocked to see her rejected, especially with so much demonstrated interest.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page