At least one person respond....COME ON

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: At least one person respond....COME ON
By Wanker on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 04:33 pm: Edit

I am a sophmore in high school. I am extremely grade conscious and a top tier school particularly Upenn, Cornell, UMich, and Hopkins Please tell me if i should add anything

GPA: Not sure... above 4.3+ weighted

SAT: havent taken it yet but took PSAT and got 1300 {predict 1400+)

:::Leadership Activities:::
President of math tutoring program for youth (currently 12 students) [hook 1]

President of Persian Student Youth Group
President of Chess Team

Co-Captain of Varsity Debate Team
News Editor of High School Newspaper
Youth Aquatic Leader Volunteer(Swim Instructor)
Peer Math tutor(2 hours a week)

:::Community Service::: (Over 300 hours)
60 Hours at hospital
60 hours at public library
Play once a week the piano for pediatric patients at local hospital [hook 2]

Multiple Scerolis Walk Volunteer
Coordinator for Special Olympics in Pennsylvania
Seasonally go to Homeless Shelter in NYC and feed and entertain needy

:::AP Classes:::
Only AP US History this year(all thats offered)

Plan to take in junior year AP Calculus, AP US Gov, AP Computer Science, AP CHemistry, AP US history, AP Macroeconomics

:::Clubs:::
Interact Club, Math Team, Debate Team, Science Team, Newspaper, ***Principals Cabinet Member(exclusively selected) I play JV Tennis and JV track

:::Miscalleanous:::
Worked 5 days a week at Kynder Camp (35 hours/ week)
Currently working 2 days a week at YMCA as instructor (8hours/week)

Play the piano for 6 years
Can use 3 programming languages
CPR/Lifeguard/First Aide/Swim Instructing Certified

::: Near-Future Projects:::
Attending Nation Youth Leadership Forum for Medicine in D.C.
Doing Cancer Research at a university hospital
starting a improving swimming program for physically impaired
Becoming an Emergency Ambulance Corps volunteer

I am Iranian American so im not sure if that is considered minority.

I am terribly sorry for writing so much... I tried to include as much detail as i could so i could give whoever is willing to respond as much info to work with as possible. Thank you and i hope someone will respond.

AS YOU CAN SEE I HAVE NO LIFE AND ExTREMELY ANAL-RETENTIVE but please respond

Thanks again

By advice. on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 06:08 pm: Edit

you're a sophomore, literally: get a life, you yourself said you have none. worry about it junior year.

By rfkl on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 06:13 pm: Edit

u have a good chance, but u need to get ur grades and SAT up if u want to go to a college like harvard or princeton, but if u want to go to the colleges u listed, then u can literally stop now and graduate early and get into them

By brumberger on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 06:29 pm: Edit

"Advice" is right. You're a sophomore. Get a life and don't start worrying about this stuff until later.

By Wanker on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 07:44 pm: Edit

thanks guys...anymore?¿?

By farsi on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 08:24 pm: Edit

ahmaqh to hija jat nist...boro Mcdonalds kar kon. Injoori khar khooni mikoni keh chi bisheh?..boro be zendegit beras bacheh...boro hal kon ..hanooz bacheyi!

By Wanker on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 08:38 pm: Edit

pedar sag... SAHKAT!

To momman jendeh aste

khere...

By Wanker on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 08:43 pm: Edit

be basheed.

sorry man i didnt mean that. just been stressed out lately. i no study like crazy but i do have fun. trust me

By farsi on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 09:17 pm: Edit

ishkali nadareh aziz...vali injoori khodeto nakhor...hamin keh irani hasti collegeha doost daran...khiyalet rahat basheh!

By quasiq-igadaboo on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 11:42 pm: Edit

listen to none of them. do all you can, comfortably. if you feel stressed, loosen up a little. if you feel bored, start it up again. ennui is never beneficial. somepeople seem to consider idleness "enjoyment" or "a life", but in reality, "a life" is only what you consider it to be. (hypothetically), regardless that you have "no life," consider this: when in college, considering that you get into the "right one," you will meet many people similar to you and develop a great "life".

i put quotes around specific words to emphasize the subjective nature of the matter at hand.

additionally (to those who said "get a life"), i believe this was stated out of jealousy of your great accomplishments.

keep it up, you have future, i'm guessing, in the university "intillegencia" (sp). endeavour to keep your head up and out of the water, the water will only suffocate you (water = whats all cool and gooey and popular). Have confidence in that what you are doing is the RIGHT thing for YOU and that NOBODY else will understand and that in itself makes it valuable.

By Wanker on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 04:38 pm: Edit

thanks a lot man... i really understand where ur coming from.

Anyone else Response? thanx

By PlayNow on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:01 pm: Edit

Yep--don't listen to those "get a life" people. There's an extent to which the things you listed ARE your life if you want to be competitive at Ivy caliber schools. Imagine how outstanding you'll be in a year and a half if you continue on your present track. Nice job getting so involved so soon.

By Wanker on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 11:10 pm: Edit

thanks for the postive comment. i will continue my pursuit.

keep on responding
thanx

By bump on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 11:52 pm: Edit

"Yep--don't listen to those "get a life" people. There's an extent to which the things you listed ARE your life if you want to be competitive at Ivy caliber schools. Imagine how outstanding you'll be in a year and a half if you continue on your present track. Nice job getting so involved so soon."
Oh, I sense such bitter sarcasm, yet you didn't see it. LOL

By Texan on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 08:24 am: Edit

Who is this chump? DOnt listen to him

By Wanker on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 10:14 am: Edit

hello out there? please respond

By Hizzie on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 12:36 pm: Edit

I got a 1300 on the PSAT and ended up with a 1310 on the real one.... how are u predicting a 1400+?

By Wanker on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 10:56 pm: Edit

well usually people do at least 100 points better on their SATs as they did on PSAT. You just happen to be an exception. I plan to take prep classes and study hard so Im confident i can raise it past 1300.

keep on responding

By Wanker on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 04:12 pm: Edit

waiting for responses

By boy on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 08:32 pm: Edit

boy u got a shot...

By anooshiravan on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 03:43 am: Edit

salam man kos mikham baram email bezan va akso seno mahale zendegito befrest

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page