A minority's chances at Cornell?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: A minority's chances at Cornell?
By Ysa (Ysa) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 06:23 pm: Edit

Could anyone tell me what my chances are for Cornell right now? I sent my application and am VERY anxious right now. Any feedback would help. Thanks

By U-are-an-idiot on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 06:58 pm: Edit

What are we supposed to do, imagine your stats??

By Ysa (Ysa) on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 07:29 pm: Edit

I posted my stats in a recent post, but no one replied. Well here they are again.

I sent my application for ED, and I'm wondering what my chances are for the comming review. Here are my stats:
SATs 1320, 660v+m
SAT IIs spanish 800, history 710, and writing 580
Took APs and Honors classes and my GPA is 3.7
I'm a latina, Dominican, and a female
Applying to Arts and Sciences, Captain of 3 clubs
On my essay I wrote about comming to this country and my high goals.

By Junior on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 07:47 pm: Edit

Your SAT is good for being URM. I am Hispanic also, my SAT is 1310 (similar to yours).I think you have a good chance of getting in since you're applying ED. However, I'm not sure how Cornell is with ehtnic diversity and all that. If they are strong advocates of it, then I say you'll get in. Are you applying anywhere else? If so, I recommend you really try to push your writing score up. Anyways, good luck with Cornell.

By Me on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 01:20 pm: Edit

Bump.

By bumper on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 12:16 am: Edit

bumpedy bump

By Ysa on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 06:01 pm: Edit

I know my stats aren't as good as many others I've seen here. But I did have to come to a new country and completely change my culture. I also know that Cornell looks at ECs and thats where I hope to balance it out.

I'm Captain of my Academic team, my Debate Team, and my Fencing team, I'm also Vice President of my church youth group, and Captain of my JV volleyball team, and Secretary of NHS

--Neither of my parents went to college

--My class rank as of now is 21/545 and I've taken about 13 honors and AP classes throughout high school, only took US AP exam, but got a 2 so I decided not to report it

So maybe this will give you a better picture for my chances? thanks

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page