Where am I going?????

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Where am I going?????
By T on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 11:45 am: Edit

Here are my stats:
1310 SAT (640 Verbal 670 Math)
AP Scores: 4 Eng Lang, 3 Calc, 3 US Hist (AP scholar)
Hardest Course Load HS offers
1st Generation College
EC: NHS, Leo Service Club, Tutoring elementary student, Art Club, Tennis, Golf, Academic Team

Does anyone have any suggestions for some good match schools and a few reach schools that wouldn't laugh at me? Thanks

By T on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 04:05 pm: Edit

I have been accepted to Penn State, and applied to Boston College, Georgetown, and NYU.. what does everyone think, and what are anyones suggestions about any other colleges?

By T on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Please Respond

By Chrissie on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 08:30 pm: Edit

Hey...how interesting. I have stats very similar to yours. 1360 on my SAT, 5 on AP Lit, 4 on US History, 3 on AP Psych, 22/434, president of two clubs, ect...And I too applied to Georgetown and Boston College. I can say with a bit of certainty that Boston College is a safe bet. You're well within their range and the fact that you're 1st generation college will look excellent. Georgetown is a bit of a reach for you, but you never know. If your essays and interview went well, you should have no problem with BC and a great chance at GU. As far as other schools to look into, you should just do a little investigation to see what interests you. Small liberal arts colleges might be the ticket...you never know. Good luck!

By Heyjude (Heyjude) on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 10:03 pm: Edit

hi, that is incorrect and uncalled-for. T's stats are very solid.T, Have you looked at Binghamton University and Clark University, U of Rochester, Syracuse, Vassar...? Just I few that have been recommended to my son along the way and might interest you. And what about Tufts?

Best wishes!

By T on Thursday, November 28, 2002 - 01:55 pm: Edit

Hey, thanks for the responses. I have looked into Syracuse and Tufts. I'm thinking about applying to Tufts. Also probably BU, George Washington, and I don't know where else... Thanks again

By T on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 06:10 pm: Edit

anyone else?

By bump on Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 10:58 am: Edit

bump

By bumper on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 09:07 am: Edit

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page