SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: SAT
By Jarred on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 07:58 pm: Edit

What is going on? I have been reading confusing posts. I thought you can take the SATIs as many times as you wish and send your best score. You can take it as many times a year it is offered until you apply right?..if you are willing to spend the money.. Please someone help. And what about the SATIIs and the ACT.

By bumper on Saturday, November 23, 2002 - 09:04 pm: Edit

bump....

By bumper on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 09:27 pm: Edit

bump...

By qua on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 09:53 pm: Edit

u can take em as many times as u want. Keep in mind, however, that colleges will not be very happy if u take a test 10 times... 3 times is a typical limit.

By qua on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 09:54 pm: Edit

BTW, you can take the ACT a thousand times, since when u report a score, the colleges won't know that u took it more than once, unless they have your score reports from other tests. On the SAT, ALL of your test scores are sent.

By bumper on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 02:52 pm: Edit

bump....

By Rocgirl (Rocgirl) on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 05:01 pm: Edit

I think it depends on your scores. Although colleges don't like to see you take it more than 2 or 3 times, I think it would still be to your advantage if you take it if you improve a lot. I made a 1430 on my 3rd time and a 1550 on my 4th time, and I think that will help me rather than hurt me.

By david on Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 05:18 pm: Edit

my teachers tell me 4 times is good 5 at the max....colleges see that your trying to improve each year so if yout ake it each year of high school for 4 years then thats 4 times so thres nothing wrong with taking it 4 times. Alos the nice thing is you can pair your highest scores...so lets say i make an 800 on one math and then 2 tests later i make a 800 verbal I have 1600!!!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page