Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Wharton
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Archive through November 07, 2002  2   11/07 12:26pm

By me on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 06:17 am: Edit

help

By me on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 07:54 pm: Edit

bumpity bump

By college crazy on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 08:30 pm: Edit

i'm confused, how can you be a first-generation college student if your dad went to graduate school?

By me on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 09:55 am: Edit

See, that's where Im not exactly sure. I am a first generation undergraduate student. My dad did not go to undergraduate school, just grad school. My mom did not graduate high school.

By bumper on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 03:41 pm: Edit

bump

By bumper on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 06:23 pm: Edit

help please

By stuff on Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 09:00 pm: Edit

I applied to Wharton ED too, and I actually have very similar stats - 1480 SAT, a bunch of AP courses, 3.9 GPA, 2 or 3 in class of 90, lots of music EC's (I play violin). Sounds like you are qualified to get in, but your EC activities are relatively generic so your application may not really stand out (not to say that mine will stand out any more than yours). There are so many people that are overqualified to get in that it's really tough to say how they will choose. Mostly a crapshoot these days, so it's silly to stress about it too much.

Anyway, good luck though.

By me on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 09:18 am: Edit

Thanks, but I have a lot of leadership in those EC's, will that help?
Good Luck to you too.

By stuff on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 06:50 pm: Edit

Yeah, your leadership positions will certainly help - after all, Wharton is looking to train future leaders. My advice would be to just forget about it until Dec. 12. You've already applied, they've probably already read your application and made a decision, so just relax while you can and you'll find out soon enough (my opinions are just as good as yours as to whether you will get in or not).

By wharton ed on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 08:20 pm: Edit

From what I've heard, Wharton looks in particular, for students with strong quantitative abilities. Whith this in mind, could anyone shed any light onto the debate of Math IC vs. IIC for Wharton, and what the ballpark scores are. Is a 700 Math IIC equivalent to a a 700 Math IC or higher? Thanks.
I also applied Wharton ED.

By bumpy bump on Friday, December 06, 2002 - 10:34 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page