High Sats, low GPA. Decisions, decisions...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: High Sats, low GPA. Decisions, decisions...
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Archive through October 29, 2002  5   10/29 09:41am

By Mnm00519 on Monday, December 02, 2002 - 08:26 pm: Edit

I currently have a 2.5 and I'm a junior is there any hope for me to get into a decent college, or to even go to college? HELP!!

By veenapaddy on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 07:44 am: Edit

hey pppl out there, veenapaddy again. Sat 2s - 800mats 2c, 800 chem, 780 writing....
that good enough for princeton....?
or uiuc? (university of illinois urbana ch.)
im applyin for engg.

By NYMom on Tuesday, December 03, 2002 - 08:00 am: Edit

To Acidburrito -- My advice, for what it's worth, would be to go ahead & apply. Your high SATs will put you in the running. One question - does your school rank students? If not, your chance of admission will be greater -- many colleges are statistically driven -- if your school does not rank, the college will report your rank as N/A -- but they will reap the advantage of your high SAT score. If your school does rank, and you are not in the top 10%, then it will hurt the college statistically if you are admitted. (this is not to imply that statistics are everything, certainly steller ECs, etc always help).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page