Will Yale even Consider Me?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: Will Yale even Consider Me?
By weasy on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 08:10 pm: Edit

ACT: 33
SAT II's: Writing:670 (retake)
Math IIC: 620 (definitely retake)
Biology: 680
US HIstory: 670
AP Tests:
US History: 4
Biology: 4

GPA: 3.97 Unweigthed, 4.3 Weighted

Senior Schedule:
Chemistry AP
English AP
Calculus AB: AP
Physics Honors
Physiology
Government Hon./Econ. Honors.
American Sign Language
Psychology

Extra Curriculars:
Speech and Debate Treasurer, Event Chair for Speech, Vice President of Chess Club, Fund Raising Coordinator for our FIRST Robotics Team, Treasurer for MESA(Mathematcis, Engineering, Science Association), Member of CSF, Intramural writer for Math Club, Science Club Founder and Co-President, Various awards and Recognition in Speech and Debate, Board Member of Red Cross Organization at school, active in child care, and church youth group, Commision chair of FBLA, Writer of Independent School Newspaper, 100 hours of Volunteering in Hospital, Gov. Scholar
50 Hours of volunteering at my church, actively involved in church youth group, Member of Model U.N., Peer Tutor with 25 hrs. of service, and a few other things, Link Crew Leader(helps orient new freshmen to our school).

Good-Excellent Essays, Excellent Teacher Recs.

By weasy on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:16 am: Edit

anyone

By asheridan on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 06:09 pm: Edit

I definitely think Yale will consider you, but it may be somewhat of a reach. Your ACT score of 33 is right in their range. I think it is a good idea to redo the SAT IIs, but I do not think Yale requires them. Maybe you should consider just using your 33, if that's possible, and listing your AP scores. Your ECs are great, as is your GPA. So give Yale a shot, but develop some match and safety schools as well. Good luck.

By weasy on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 08:45 pm: Edit

hey, thanks for the positive, post Im thinking if I can get over 700 on Bio and writing, which is probable, then I will submit only those two plus my ACT, my safety's and matches are UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UC Irivine, UC Berkley and a few others what do you think

By zubek on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 05:10 pm: Edit

Yale, Princeton Amherst for creative writing?

I am an international applicant from New Delhi, India.
Getting into an Ivy League school will, inescapably, alter the rest of my life....unfair but nonetheless true. I donít know for sure if I have what it takes, however, having said that, I do believe I have done a few things with my time that will give my application a 'unique' buoyancy amidst the deluge of quintessentially brilliant applicants top schools encounter each year. My statistics are as follows :-

Class Rank: N/A (our school has a policy against class ranks)
Cumulative grade: A2
SAT scores: 710 Verbal, 590 Math
SAT IIís : pending
Extracurricular activities:
- Editor , school paper
- Debate team
- Quiz team
- Extensive social work with the Tibetan-Indian community
- Spent one summer at Dharamshala , the Dalai Lamas place of refuge
- 50 page book proposal accepted for publication by a renowned regional publishing house. The book, targeted at young adults, is titled ĎSun Seekers on A Full Moon Nightí and is based on the true story of the fifteen year old Karmapa Lamas escape to India. The manuscript, once completed, should be in excess of 200 pages.

By Dumbuket (Dumbuket) on Saturday, September 28, 2002 - 05:08 pm: Edit

Your from New Dheli? I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but are you an Indian, or are you going to like a diplomat's school?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page