How am I doing so far?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: December 2002 Archive: How am I doing so far?
By Marielle on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 01:14 pm: Edit

Hi. I'm currently a junior in high school and am gearing up for SAT's and SAT II's this year. I plan on applying ED to Dartmouth in my senior year, and if not accepted, I also plan on applying to Lafayette, Bucknell, Georgetown, The College of New Jersey, and William and Mary. Although I'm not taking the SAT's until October, in the 10 Real SAT's book, I've been scoring from 750-780 verbal and usually around 700 math.
Additionally, I'm in a magnet school program for the humanities and I believe I'm number one or two in my class of around 450 with a 4.75 GPA. I'm captain and one of two founders of a community Odyssey of the Mind Team (founded in high school though I participated in the school program since 3rd grade), am an officer in the environmental club and hope to become president this year, am an active member of the debate team (and finalist in the Chase Lincoln Douglas Debates essay contest), am an active member of my school's history club, a member of my synogogue's Torah club, a member of the Spanish Honor Society and National Honor Society starting next year, and a participant in optional Hebrew High School in my synagogue since eighth grade. Additionally, I volunteer at the local hospital 4 hours and have been working 8 hours a week since sophomore year.
So far, I've received my school's Renaissance Award and my school's Spanish Award. This summer, I attended the JSA summer school at Princeton and received A's in both of my classes there. In school, I am taking the most challenging curriculum available to me including 8 AP classes by the time I graduate. How am I doing so far? Am I on the right track for applying to Dartmouth? Thank you in advance for your advice.

By Marielle on Monday, September 02, 2002 - 01:48 pm: Edit

Also, for the essay and recs... I've had a paper published and am generally a strong writer, so I should be able to write a strong essay. Although I obviously don't know what my recs will be like, they should be strong as well. Since my JSA professors stated that they too will gladly write recs for me, one may come from a professor at either Princeton or Penn State. I'm not sure if that'll strengthen my application or not though.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page