Senior Midyear Report

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Senior Midyear Report
By Purplerain (Purplerain) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 12:26 am: Edit

How significant is the Senior Midyear Report? I understand that we usually send these in for private schools around February. Do colleges look at this before they make their decisions? Is it just a confirmation of our status, or an opportunity to do even better on the academic context of our applications?

By Marite (Marite) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 12:30 am: Edit

I believe it is very important. Many colleges do not actually review applications until late January, early February, so they can incorporate the Senior Midyear report.

Students who wish to graduate early (after junior year) are often advised by adcoms to apply RD so that their dossier will have more for the adcoms to consider, in other words, it will incorporate the midyear report.

By Ellemenope (Ellemenope) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 12:45 am: Edit

It is important not to slack off during the senior year. Adcoms tell of stories where a presumptive admit was put in the reject pile because of bad 1st semester grades. And any acceptance (early or otherwise) is conditioned on the continuation of academic excellence.

Bottom line: senioritis can kill!

By Fredo (Fredo) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:12 am: Edit

My daughter was a borderline candidate at the school she is now attending. The college called the GC and specifically told her they were waiting to make an admissions decision until they saw her first semester's grades. Luckily, it was her best semester ever! Yes, they can matter a great deal.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page