EC: theatre behindthescene crew -vs- soup kitchen volunteer

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: EC: theatre behindthescene crew -vs- soup kitchen volunteer
By Stuckat410 (Stuckat410) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 07:22 pm: Edit

i'm contemplating on which one to put...

theater-behind the scenes crew (costuming, advertising the play...etc.) at School
(3 hrs/12 weeks a year... 11th and 12th grade)

or

soup kitchen volunteer
(4 hrs/6 weeks a year in freshman year,
4 hrs/one week a year in sophomore/junior year)

which one should i put on app?

also.. it says which activity i would choose to continue if i were allowed to choose only one.
this is what i put...

watching plays and musicals is a hobby of mine, and as a member of the costume and business crew for my school theatre, i am able to not simply watch the productions, but be a part of it. if i were allowed to choose only one activity, it would be beign a member of the behind-the-scenes crew of a theatre production. as the crew and i use our imagination to cut and combine pieces of fabric into elaborate costumes for musicals like "hello, dolly!" or create great memories painting a bulletin in order to advertise a play like "barefoot in the park", we become close friends and create long-lasting bonds with each other. being able to do things that i truly enjoy w/classmates who end up being some of my closest friends is something i would gladly do time and time again

is this sufficient? is ti supposed to be in essay format? b/c it's just at the end of a page and ther's only a little bit of room...

and does the answer sound.. genuine? i don't know, no matter what i typed it alawys sounded somewhat fake.. and this is what sounded best after several tries. i can't write!

thanks everyone.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

It sounds genuine and nice.

By Alwaysamom (Alwaysamom) on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 09:01 am: Edit

I agree with Northstarmom that it sounds like you truly enjoyed your experience with your theatre work. Just make sure that you proofread and edit that paragraph you wrote, for spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure, before you enter it onto your application.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page