Sending SAT Scores

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Sending SAT Scores
By Stuckat410 (Stuckat410) on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

Does anyone know how long it takes for the official score reports from collegeboard to get to the universities I pick?

Thank you.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 06:28 pm: Edit

As I've heard from some schools' representatives, they come in on a weekly basis.

By Stuckat410 (Stuckat410) on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 06:53 pm: Edit

Oh... so it'll take about a week for my scores to be received by the university?

Thanks.

By Futajalon (Futajalon) on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

But with lower-tier schools you gotta check. Some of these schools have a habit of claiming not to have received your scores. Some lazy office worker just doesn't want to bother to update applicants' files. Then you ask the College board tp re-send. They graciously comply. But the problem is not with College Board; it's with the school. So, with lower-tier schools, you take absolutely nothing for granted. Check!

By Thumper1 (Thumper1) on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 08:56 pm: Edit

>>lower-tier schools, you take absolutely nothing for granted>>

It's not just lower tier schools that lose things. You should check with ALL schools. I know kids who applied to the Ivies and things were "not received"....recommendation letters, SAT scores, transcripts. This type of loss is not exclusive to the lower tier schools.

By Stuckat410 (Stuckat410) on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 08:58 pm: Edit

How do we check? e-mail them?

I sent the SAT scores before I sent my actual application... they will start a file for me, right?

thank you-

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page