An Aside for Soozie

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: An Aside for Soozie
By Momsdream (Momsdream) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 09:11 am: Edit

Hi Sooz-

I was reading my son's school newspaper last night and went through the section where they list each kid who graduated last eyar and where they are going to college...

....just thought I'd let you know that KK is off to Cornell....along with three other graduates. Not quite a popular as Penn, of course (for our area)...but a good showing for Cornell.

thought you might like to know...

By Soozievt (Soozievt) on Monday, September 13, 2004 - 01:10 am: Edit

Momsdream, how sweet of you to send me that message! Wow, I am very happy to hear how well KK did! We have not been in touch in a long while but as I mentioned to you, our families met when the kids were young and their family came up here every summer for a two week vacation. Their girls and my girls were good friends. Then my girls went away for the summers and often were not here when that family was up here but I still saw them every summer. I have not in a couple summers and am thinking they may not have come up. I should get in touch with them. KK was such a sweet girl and it is great to hear of her wondeful news. I will pass it onto my D. Also, pretty great results at your school to get several kids into each of these top colleges. I guess that is what you get when you send your kid to a private high school but here, that would be amazing just getting one in at each of these schools (which we have), but lots, nope.

I bet your son has his eyes on Penn which I recall was the first school he liked early on in your search process. I hope he gets in but if not there, I am sure he will do well overall in the admissions process as he has a lot going for him. I guess for you, it would mean he'd be sooooo close to home!

Thanks for thinking of me when you saw where the grads of your school ended up and noticed our friend on the list.

Susan

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page