Bad grades

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Bad grades
By Ledyana (Ledyana) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 08:15 am: Edit

I am in my senior year right now.. when i was looking back at my grade at 10th grade, I just found out that I get a 5 (we use the IB system) in my math course. I remember that I miss a placement exam (an exam to put students in either HL, SL, math studies), which counts as an exam for that semester because I was sick. However, the teacher didnt ask me to retake the test and he let me go to Math HL. I never get a bad grade during that semester (since i'm one of the top student in that class), I think it is because I didnt take the placement exam. I already move to another school now. How can i explain this in my application?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 09:42 pm: Edit

I wouldn't worry too much. One poor grade isn't going to matter all that much - especially because you were still placed in the HL Math. If you feel you absolutely must say something, ask your guidance counselor - if you have one - to mention it in their recommendation. Trying to explain it yourself may come off as whining.

By Ledyana (Ledyana) on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 07:44 am: Edit

thx carolyn

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page