PSAT books

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: PSAT books
By Celebrian23 (Celebrian23) on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 07:58 pm: Edit

does anyone know of RELIABLE new psat books? with about a month to go I don't feel prepared at all (especially for the math). I was told princeton review had a ton of mistakes in it and I'm not smart enough to figure out when a question is wrong so a reliable book is very important, thank you

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

The Kaplan NEW SAT books look pretty good...and they have a separate (less expensive) math book that reviews all the basic concepts up to Algebra II. I think you could also probably get away with working through the math tests in the College Board's existing "10 Real SATs" for the PSAT.

By Bigdaddy (Bigdaddy) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 12:32 pm: Edit

Unless your s/d is a junior and has a shot at a National Merit Scholarship, I would recommend not studying for the PSAT. I think the best use of the PSAT is as a diagnostic for the real SAT.

The PSAT can help pinpoint areas of strength and areas that need work. It's value in those regards will be lost if a student preps for the test.

By Celebrian23 (Celebrian23) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 06:05 pm: Edit

I am a student, and I know my weakness: math. i'm not a terrible student, but i get freaked out when i do math on standarized tests, so having some extra practice would help me feel ready

By Csbballstardad (Csbballstardad) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

Celebrian23, PR PSAT does have mistakes but D says they were such that they were easy to find. Also she is working through an old Gruber's, and 10 Reals. That's it. Can you trade places with D for the writing and CR if she'll take your math?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page