Never really thought I'd be making a "chances" thread....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Never really thought I'd be making a "chances" thread....
By Ilcapo (Ilcapo) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 08:42 pm: Edit

My goal here is to mix it up a little more, cut down on the reaches, add a few targets, and maybe a few more safeties as well. Sorry to all those who find "chance" threads annoying, but I do need some help. In addition, I need more than just chances, but some suggestions of schools to go look at!

800v, 730m

96.01 weighted gpa

50/438

6 AP courses so far, thus AP Scholar with Distinction

2 AP courses this year, as well as 5 courses at Stony Brook University

National Merit Commended

Essay comparable to most top applicants, ECs probably a little bit better than most (some quirky political campaigns, internships, etc.)

The List-

Dartmouth ED
Middlebury
Williams
Princeton
Bowdoin
Colby
Brown
Trinity
Connecticut College
Swarthmore
Haverford

What do you think?

By Csbballstardad (Csbballstardad) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 08:50 pm: Edit

What is your UW GPA, I have learned that weighted is not at all uniform, and in some cases is just plain goofy.

By Ilcapo (Ilcapo) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 09:16 pm: Edit

I don't know how to get my UW gpa lol.....

Let me check my transcript.....They don't give it.

I tried to calculate it myself, it seems to be 94.8

Hope that helps.

Also, because I took/take Stony Brook courses, I can have my rank removed from my transcript......

good idea? bad idea? i tend to think very good

By Mom101 (Mom101) on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 09:39 pm: Edit

If you drop the rank the school will know your under top 10% anyway. You are a serious contender with good ECs and a good application. Datrmouth very much wants to know why you want the school. Get to know what it has to offer well and make sure your genuine interest comes through in your interview and application. Good luck.

By Ilcapo (Ilcapo) on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Mom101 -

How will they know im under top 10%?

I figured it would help simply because I am then not included in US News statistics, so I can't "pull them down" and they might be more inclined to take a risk.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page