American University or Marist College

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: American University or Marist College
By Bluejay (Bluejay) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 03:11 pm: Edit

Anyone have any personal experience or knowledge about either of these schools? Thanks.

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 03:17 pm: Edit

I personally think American U. is overpriced. My D. was offered a substantial scholarship there though..I would assume they discount the price alot for many students - dont know.
We also thought it would be very international and were surprised by the stats that its not more so.
The campus was kinda interesting..we just did a drive through.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit

From what I've seen and heard, Marist has stronger academics and a stronger sense of community. Beautiful campus as well.

Of course, it's hard to compete with a location in D.C.

By Bluejay (Bluejay) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 04:04 pm: Edit

Can anyone else offer any opinions about either of these schools?
Thanks.

By Hoo_29 (Hoo_29) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 04:24 pm: Edit

Ohm, without a scholarship, most public universities are better and cheaper. I mean, American and Marist would be no better than your normal state U. I would save up and transfer to a better school. Just my opinion.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 06:11 pm: Edit

If you can get a decent scholarship to American, I think it would be a good school to go to. IMO it has a great location-- in DC, but on a nice campus that's in a suburban-like neighobrhood on the bus and Metro line.

Because of its DC location, you'd also get the benefit of being able to intern in government agencies and to have instructors with good connections and with experience in government or things like major media companies.

I spent a summer there when I was in college and loved it.

I am not familiar with Marist.

By Hoo_29 (Hoo_29) on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Yeah, American would be awesome, you just have to think about the $ and if it is worth it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page