Hubby is SUCH a sucker and son is SO cunning!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Hubby is SUCH a sucker and son is SO cunning!
By Fluter (Fluter) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 02:05 pm: Edit

Our son attended a backpacking trip in Yosemite as one of Harvey Mudd's Pre-Orientation bonding events. The group held a s'mores reunion last night. He and his new (girl) friend decided to show up in style - so he loaded her into his backpack and trekked on over to the firepit. Son emailed us pictures of he and his girl-laden backpack this morning, with a quick little note "Gee, if I had my OWN digital camera I could capture MORE of these moments." (wink, wink)

What can I say - hubby rushed to the store and a new digital camera is now in the mail. Ha!

It's been so much fun talking to him about all his antics. I went to Scripps, so am familiar with the cultures of the various Claremont campuses (which don't appear to have changed a BIT since I was there.) He had dinner at the Pitzer Dining Hall earlier this week - Sushi Night!!! He said "It wasn't so bad, except for all the hairy armpits of the Pitzer women. I needed to visit the Iced Chai machine to recover." HA!!! My apologies to any Pitzer parents...I'm a Scrippsie, after all! ;-)

By Idler (Idler) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 02:45 pm: Edit

By Idler (Idler) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 03:09 pm: Edit

By Angstridden (Angstridden) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 03:19 pm: Edit

Gee how big is his backpack that he can load a girl in it? Sounds like he's got dad wrapped!

By Alongfortheride (Alongfortheride) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 04:36 pm: Edit

Don't they all?

By Patient (Patient) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 06:41 pm: Edit

Fluter--your son sounds like a complete blast to have around. Hope he keeps having a fabulous time and he deserves that camera!

By Arizonamom (Arizonamom) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 06:49 pm: Edit

These colleges sound great. My son e-mailed us the 5 college dance picture of 60 freshman , himself included dancing in the fountain,both levels. My husbands comment:This is what we are paying all this money for, Mine, I want to go back to school!

By Kjofkw (Kjofkw) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 08:58 pm: Edit

okay...so I'd like to here a summary of the Claremont College stereotypes, please?

By Kjofkw (Kjofkw) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 09:00 pm: Edit

oops Hear....

By Arizonamom (Arizonamom) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

Actually I am proud of Harvey Mudd- a girlfiend already in less then a week! We know of 2 close friends whose daughters were accepted at Mudd but got the impression there was no dating or social life there. One ended up at Brown and one at Tufts. Guess they were wrong!!

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 11:44 pm: Edit

Be thankful your family is wealthy enough that it can just drop dollars on a digital camera on a whim. I hope your son enjoys it and his freshman year in general.

By Achat (Achat) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 10:22 am: Edit

Very funny story. My son has his dad wrapped around his pinkie too. My husband is very prudent with money (tight?) but when it comes to son...

By Backhandgrip (Backhandgrip) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 11:02 am: Edit

Oh this is so great! Makes me want to look for that Harvey Mudd solicitation!

By Achat (Achat) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 12:42 pm: Edit

BHG, hope your son has come back from protests in NYC.

By Mom102 (Mom102) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 04:04 pm: Edit

Where can I find a backpack that will hold someone? My son could use it too

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

Very funny!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page