Give your kids a hug today

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Give your kids a hug today
By Alwaysamom (Alwaysamom) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 09:51 am: Edit

Last night, I spent hours on the phone with my D who is at NYU. A friend of hers who had just returned for his sophomore year died suddenly. It's all so very sad, especially at this time of year when everyone's full of hope and excitement. I can't imagine what his family must be feeling. Susan, I hope he wasn't one of your daughter's friends at Tisch.

By Alongfortheride (Alongfortheride) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 11:18 am: Edit

Always~, give your daughter a phone hug from us today.

By Soozievt (Soozievt) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 12:36 pm: Edit

AlwaysaMom, that is extremely tragic. I cannot ever imagine the grief for that family and of course for the peers. I was just thinking yesterday when I felt teary eyed during the day that my child is really gone (doing better today but that was my first day without her), that it PALES in comparison to what parents must feel like when they lose a child to death. I thought, it must be the most unbearable loss that is not gotten over. And now I read of this boy about whom you write.

Yeah, I hope it is not one of my D's friends. If you feel ok to give the initials, I could tell from that. The odds are not likely as she knows about a dozen kids there and there are a whole lot more at Tisch. But still, my curiousity is peaked.

Best to Emily and really I hope she and her friends can find comfort among one another during this time, especially as the school year gets under way.

Susan

By Alwaysamom (Alwaysamom) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 03:31 pm: Edit

Thank you both for your thoughts. Susan, the boy's initials are S.K.

By Soozievt (Soozievt) on Friday, September 03, 2004 - 03:50 pm: Edit

Alwaysamom, I just asked my D if any of her male Tisch friends have these initials and thankfully, she said no. Again, thoughts sent to your D's way.

Susan

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page