Car Rentals to College Students?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Car Rentals to College Students?
By Anngold (Anngold) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 10:15 am: Edit

Does anyone know of any car rental companies that will rent to college students? Seems like they all require you to be over 25 years old.

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 10:17 am: Edit

They do not like to advertise it, but they do rent if you are over 21; otherwise it is very difficult to find a rental. Between ages 21-25, the rates are high.

By Rhonda63 (Rhonda63) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 10:48 am: Edit

They may require a cash deposit for under-25s.

By Thumper1 (Thumper1) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 11:17 am: Edit

Many car rental companies also require the use of a major credit card (like MC or Visa) when renting a car...regardless of your age.

By Dmd77 (Dmd77) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 11:28 am: Edit

My son tells me that members of the IEEE--even student members--can rent at some of the car agencies at a discount. I have not confirmed this. I did check their web site, which notes special deals on car rentals.

By Cbreeze (Cbreeze) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 01:45 pm: Edit

Most companies will rent to drivers 21-25 years of age but require a surcharge ranging from $10 to $25 per day.

By Anngold (Anngold) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:14 pm: Edit

I should have specified in the original post that I am looking for a car rental company that will rent to a 19 year old male with a clean driving record. Thanks.

By Dadofsam (Dadofsam) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:56 pm: Edit

I believe that Enterprise will rent to students under 21 but don't know under what conditions.

By Anngold (Anngold) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 03:49 pm: Edit

Dadofsam - Thanks for the tip! I'll check with Enterprise.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page