Smith Parents, Ahoy! (Dinner after drop-off)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Parents Forum: 2004 Archive - Part 2: Smith Parents, Ahoy! (Dinner after drop-off)
By Thedad (Thedad) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:41 am: Edit

I posted this in a Smith thread but I'll cross-post here. I've already heard from Mini, Moodle, and Flmom.

=====

Hi, guys.

Over the months I've collected a few e-mail addresses of some of the other parents of incoming Smithees. I'm going to send out an e-mail in the next day or two to try to organize a dinner get together on the night of Thursday, 9/2.

As I understand the schedule and have confirmed with Student Life, they pry us apart from our daughters late in the afternoon. The students have a dinner commitment in their House, with various parts of Orientation on-going.

If you're interested in a parental gathering for breaking bread, maybe a glass of wine, etc. after our girls are launched, say "Yo!" here.

The parents I have e-mail addresses for are EnjoyingThis, Mini, Moodle, and Dooger.

I don't have the e-mail address for Firebird31. And I don't know if FlMom's daughter is attending Smith.

D and I will be arriving in NoHo late on 8/30, planning to spend 8/31 and 9/1 doing things like shopping for sheets, getting a cell phone, etc., so I'll have time to make a reservation somewhere if we have enough to do it. I suppose we can figure out some way of connecting with each other during Check-In if we e-mail back and forth in the next few days.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page